Saturday 19 August 2017

Rewarding Ourselves With A Japanese Meal

       After an hour of prancing, leaping, hopping, twirling, sashaying and gyrating at our zumba class, Derrick and I decided to reward ourselves with an early dinner at Sushi Zento. We were there before 5.30 p.m. so there was no crowd to jostle with. 
A feast after hard work at zumba
     With branches in KL, Petaling Jaya, Seberang Jaya, Penang and Johor Bahru, Sushi Zento is one of our favourite places for a Japanese meal. Their dishes never fail to impress us, and even the assortment of sushi rolls on the conveyor belt is a delight to the eyes and to the palate.
      Throwing caution to the wind, Derrick feasted on his favourite Buta Kakuni Don (braised pork belly on rice) and Shishamo (grilled willow leaf fish). I ordered a Nameko Miso Shiru (soy bean soup with "tofu", seaweed and a Japanese autumn mushroom) to go with my Shake Yaki Meshi (salmon fried rice). We also shared a Una Chizu Shake Tataki Roll (reversed roll of seared salmon and eel).
Buta Kakuni Don (RM24)

Shishamo (RM13)

Nameko Miso Shiru (RM7)


Shake Yaki Meshi (RM11) and Una Chizu Shake Tataki Roll (RM32)
      I wish there was more room in my stomach as I would have loved to end my meal with their goma or yuzu ice cream. But I was too stuffed for dessert. Sigh! Oh well, there's always another time.

4 comments:

  1. Nice way to reward and pamper yourself. I was just hinting to my hubby on a Japanese treat for my birthday. Haha. I love Japanese and we dont usually have it frequently.

    I like the last 2 dishes you ordered. Fish and sushi, my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love Japanese food too!
      Hahahah! You and I have the same taste!!!

      Delete
  2. I have been to Sushi Zento once with a friend. Great meal. Hope to go back again one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try their Zento Pizza if you have 3 or more people in your company. And I'm a huge fan of one of their salads (the one with salmon and whitebait) but I'll ask them to change to the sesame seed dressing.

      Delete