Wednesday 27 February 2019

Miseries of a Geisha

           They tell me patience is a virtue, and that good things come to those who wait. So I've walked this way a zillion times. I've come to meet my Mr. Right. He keeps me waiting, wearing my patience thin. But I persist. I'm grateful for the Pagoda, which is a like a beacon of hope to me, urging me to persevere on.

On my own, pretending he's beside me. All alone, I walk with him till morning. Without him, I feel his arms around me. And when I lose my way, I close my eyes, and he has found me.

         The wait is long and the road is lonely. I've been told I am like a pale pink sakura, an intoxicating mixture of beauty and strength. I lean on those words for encouragement, to know that I have the power to capture the heart of my Mr. Right and that I will not falter when opportunities do not seem to go my way. And I look to the Pagoda, which stands majestic and seems to assure me that I'm wise to wait.
O Mr. Right, where art thou?

         Only those who have endured rejection will understand the heartache that I am feeling. I thought we would have a future together but you only entered my life to bring me transient joy. Something in me shattered when you told me we are from different worlds and are just not meant to be. And with every step you took, away from me and towards the Pagoda, the piercing pain deepened.
Mr. A walks away

         You reached out and lifted me out of a world of gloom. You were like an angel sent from heaven above. You made me believe in love again. And just as I was rising from the embers of my painful past, you callously tossed me back into the searing fire. You decided that there is a world to explore, and that being with me will  deny you of the adventure that awaits you. Did you hear the fragments of my heart whimpering piteously as you turned your back on me? Only the Pagoda seemed to nod, ever so slightly, as if to gently nudge me on.
Mr. B's departure

        I felt like a fool to wait, to hope that there is someone out there who will make my life feel complete. And when you danced into my life, I dared to dream again. Life with you was like opening a box of chocolates every day. There were delights and sweetness, and then there were the bitter bits. Opposites do not attract, and we finally concluded that our clashes were tearing us apart. As you walked out of my life, you took a piece of me with you. I turned away from you and the Pagoda, so that the mask I wore could crumble and I could allow my tears to fall freely.
Sayonara, Mr. C

         Just when I thought love was a lie, you have come to show me how splendid love can be. Just when I thought life was a world of gloom, you have brought light, sparkles and glitters to my world. Just when I was giving up, you have taught me to soar. You are indeed my Mr. Right, a precious gift from God. I bid sayonara to the Pagoda, which has been my pillar of strength through all these dark times. I will now be safe in the tender and loving embrace of my Mr. Right as we take on the world together.
Mr. Right has made me believe in love again





2 comments:

  1. The pagoda is really a magnificent icon. Lovely kimono you wore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that wasn't me. It was a Japanese girl hired to be the model by an ang moh photographer.

      Delete