Saturday 8 June 2019

Loving My New Toy

        Besides suffering from osteoarthritis of the knee (the early onset brought on by a previous ligament injury sustained while conquering Mount Kinabalu), I have been plagued by a calcaneal spur on my left heel after completing a run in March. Having to stand a lot at work has aggravated my pains. This has gotten hubby rather concerned as it is now common to see his wife grimacing as she hobbles around.
        He then decided to get OSIM's uPhoria Warm, a 5-in-1 foot and calf massager for me. Priced at RM2388 (now with a discount of RM100), this 20kg wonder machine delivers enhanced calf-gliding with kneading massage, wrap-around squeeze massage, roller reflexology massage, vibration massage and warmth therapy (hence, 5-in-1). There are 8 different 15-minute programmes to choose from, depending on your needs.
OSIM's uPhoria Warm
        I tried the Relax and Sleep programmes last night after unboxing my new toy. The Relax massage programme aims to relax tight muscles and relieve deep-seated aches while the Sleep programme gives gentle massage actions to soothe your legs in preparation for a good night's sleep. The result : I slept like a baby throughout the night and my first few steps out of the bed were just mildly painful.
Side view of uPhoria Warm (I unzipped the fabric covering)
Front view 

Programmes panel
        After coming home from breakfast this morning and doing some chores around the house, I pampered myself with a Senior massage programme for some gentle stimulation and comfort. I plan to go for the Sports Recovery programme after getting home from my gym workout later. That promises to help loosen tense muscles and actively promote circulation to enhance the recovery process for muscles used during sports.
        In addition to the 4 massage programmes mentioned, there are also the High-Heels programme (which targets the calves, ankle, balls and arches of the feet), the Toning programme (which strengthens muscles, improves blood circulation and prevents the build-up of toxins), the Energise programme for some intense massage actions to reinvigorate the legs and the Reflexology programme that targets the key meridian and vital reflex points. I can't wait to try them all!

        Merci beaucoup, mon amour, for this superb birthday present! Hopefully, my pains will be alleviated and I don't have to keep holding you up when we walk.

3 comments:

  1. Such a nice birthday present. Your hubby is really thoughtful and loving.

    Hope the massager able to help ease your pain. Do take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's a gem to have thought of it!
      I hope so too, thanks.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to you, Irene! Hope with the various massage programmes, it will help to soothe away all the pain and discomfort.

    ReplyDelete