Saturday 25 June 2016

Succumbing To Sweet Tooth Sunday

        Strangely, for someone who has never had a weakness for sweet stuff like chocolates, cakes and cookies, I had a sudden craving for something sweet today. After brunch, I was seriously contemplating driving to Six And A Half, my favourite coffee-joint, for a slice of their passionfruit cheesecake. I changed my mind and went to the local fruiterer in search of onde-onde, which they sometimes sell. Unavailability of a parking place dashed my plans.
        Ah, well, that's all the better for a slimmer me, I consoled myself. Hubby attributed my sudden sweet tooth to my recent Internet searches for churros in Ipoh, which had then led me to stumble upon a new soft-serve ice cream shop called Hello Elvis. I had dropped some not-too-subtle hints by sending links about Hello Elvis to hubby but he proceeded to soothe me with massages instead. Oh, well, a girl can't be too greedy, can she?
        Plodding half way through my students' essays stirred the sleeping monster (or is it sweet tooth?) and I searched my brain for the nearest answer to satisfy the craving. Smiling smugly, I remembered that I had yet to claim my birthday cake from Starbucks. 
My solution to my Sweet Tooth Sunday
        Ta-da! That was what I sank my teeth in to satiate my sweet tooth. My choice of birthday cake from Starbucks was their lemon slice. I could have chosen any one of their pricier cakes but I never had a penchant for cakes smothered with cream. This sweet and sour cake with lemon frosting suited me fine. All the sugar made me feel a little remorseful but I was quick to quash the guilt by promising myself to attend an additional Yoga class and put in an extra 30 abdominal crunches this week. And I think (and hope) that has put an end to my desire for all things sweet...until thoughts of churros and Hello Elvis surface again.

8 comments:

  1. Hello Irene! Well, good to know that you satisfied your sweet cravings eventually. An indulgence once in a while is good for the soul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah! Thanks for the encouragement. At least I don't feel so guilty now ;)

      Delete
  2. Yummy. The lemon slice looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was, but may be a little too sweet for u

      Delete
  3. Hey Irene, are you from Ipoh? The two shops you mentioned sound pretty new to me.. Hello Elvis and the 6 1/2... I think I better google them since I have sweet tooth too! You made me feel rather guilty.. your one small piece of cake, you need to do vigorous exercise... if you eat like me, you would spend the whole day in gym... hahahahaa....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm from Ipoh :)
      Hello Elvis is in town, exactly where I'm not too sure since I didn't manage to go there (that will be rectified pretty soon).
      Six And A Half is in the new shops between Petronas Jalan Tambun and the Siamese temple.

      Delete
  4. I have not heard of the 2 places you have mentioned. I am feeling guilty for not exercising for more than 2 weeks due to all sorts of reasons. Hope to resume tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Hello Elvis opened early this year whereas Six And A Half stated sometime end of last year. The latter is really good. They r closed on Thursdays. And from Fridays to Sundays, they also serve dinner. Hmmm...u have just given me fodder for another blog...Six And A Half food 😊

      Delete