Friday 3 February 2017

Focusing on the Chicken Part 1

     In celebration of the Year of the Rooster, I'm dedicating all my posts this month to the plucky fowl. Hopefully, I won't be accused of talking cock. 

     Chicken was the centrepiece in one of my recent new dishes. Since hubby enjoyed it so much, I'm sharing this easy recipe, and it will remind me to cook it again soon.

Colourful dish of Fiery Chicken Cubes



Fiery Chicken Cubes

Ingredients :
300g chicken fillet (cut into cubes)
3 cloves of garlic
1 onion
6 dried chillies (I used 9, because hubby loves it 
        extra spicy)
20g young ginger (cut into thin slices)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
2 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp potato flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp sesame seed oil
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
1/2 tsp shaoxing wine
2 tbsp oil
6 tbsp water

Method :
1. Season chicken fillet with salt, 1/2 tbsp sesame seed oil, pepper, 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce and dark soya sauce. Leave to marinate for 1 hour.
2. Add beaten egg to the marinated chicken. Toss in the flour mixture.
3. Deep fry the chicken cubes till lightly golden brown. Dish out and drain well.
4. Saute garlic, onion, ginger and dried chillies with the oil and the remaining sesame seed oil.
5. Add sugar, the remaining oyster sauce, the shaoxing wine and the water. Mix well.
6. Pour in the pre-fried chicken cubes and give it a quick toss. Serve hot.

This recipe was adapted from Amy Beh's Cubed Chicken with Spicy Chillies.


6 comments:

  1. Looks good. I want to try out this recipe too but first I will have to get some chicken fillet. We love spicy food too. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually get my chicken fillet from the market, but this was on the 4th day of CNY and all the market stalls were closed. So I bought the chicken fillet from Tesco. Fresh.

      Delete
  2. It's looking yummy!!!

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely will love this dish, my kids too including! Must have those ingredients at home before I start doing on them. Have to get potato flour first. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy and tasty.
      I always have potato flour at home because I use that often in a recipe that I learned from Elin (Oven baked crispy chicken drumstick).

      Delete