Monday 1 June 2020

MCO - Day 76

1 June 2020     Day 76 of Movement Control Order 

        Flipping through one of my bilingual cookbooks the other day, a recipe caught my eye. I decided to try my hand at it today. Although I’m not a Hainanese, I love Hainanese food (in addition to Hakka dishes). Today’s dish is called Hainanese “O Dao You” Pork Belly (海南黒酱油腩肉). As most Chinese love the oink oink, cooking with pork belly is rather popular, and different sub-ethnic groups would have different ways of cooking it. This Hainanese version required deep-frying the meat twice, and steaming it in between. It’s definitely a laborious process, but I was keen to give it a try. And mmm...it was simply yummy! Hubby loved it too! This is not a pork belly dish that I would cook often because of the steps and oil involved, but it would be an indulgence to have it occasionally.
Hainanese “O Dao You” Pork Belly

Fried prawn rolls and fried vegetarian spring rolls

Spinach Soup


No comments:

Post a Comment