Friday 5 June 2020

MCO - Day 80

5 June 2020     Day 80 of Movement Control Order 

        My travels abroad have not included the United States of America, so I’m not aware of how famous Nashville Hot Chicken is. It, apparently, is quite a BIG thing. I heard about it only recently, and it’s all from Marion Grasby. Her tweaked version, Not Nashville Hot Chicken, got me interested and when I showed hubby the video, his eyes sparkled with excitement. He enjoys fried chicken (our only 2 takeout dinners during this MCO were from KFC) and he has a penchant for spicy food.

        The only snag of this dish is it involves deep frying. But to please hubby, I was game to give it a try. And after trying it out, I find it’s not difficult, just a trifle more tedious, but the taste made up for all the labour! Marion’s Nahm Jin hot sauce, which was used to brush all over the crispy chicken, was utterly scrumptious. Her concoction of Nahm Jin sauce is made up of tamarind juice, fish sauce, finely chopped shallots, brown sugar, sweet paprika, Thai chilli flakes and lime juice. Instead of Thai chilli flakes, I used Thai shrimp flavoured crushed chilli and I used chilli powder to replace the sweet paprika. One bite into the spicy, sweet, tangy, milky and crunchy chicken pieces, hubby remarked, “Oooh! Nice!” Needless to say, hubby was one happy tiger tonight, especially since the meal was complemented with lotus root, peanuts and pork ribs soup.

Another 5-star dish from Marion - Not Nashville Hot Chicken

Lotus root, peanuts and pork ribs soup

No comments:

Post a Comment