Tuesday 6 July 2021

MCO 4.0 - Day 36

 6 July 2021     Day 36 of Movement Control Order 4.0

        Every evening, when I prepare dinner in the wet kitchen, I would hear my neighbour and her daughter having conversations with their pet rabbits. If it had not been for this Maintain-Your-Distance period of social distancing, I would have popped over to meet the bunnies.

        But the humans and rabbits tete-a-tetes either tickle me or put some spark into the mundane food preparation. I was smiling away today as I sliced the angled luffa when I heard Mrs. Lee reprimanding one rabbit, "See? I told you not to hop too high. Now you've hurt your floppy ear."

        It's small things like these that I look forward to. Another thing that I've grown to enjoy during this lockdown is to have a more leisurely breakfast at home. Sometimes it's just a cup of coffee with a pau, but I would have it in front of my Smart TV, which would be playing morning jazz music from YouTube.

        I didn't have to linger on in the wet kitchen for long today so I missed some of the humans-rabbits interaction. The Stir-fried Angled Luffa with Prawns was a breeze to cook. And the other dish was merely popped into the oven, which did the labouring for me. How easy that was! And what an aromatic smell my Honey Soy Garlic Roast Chicken emitted!


        Hmm...I know bunnies are vegetarians (strict herbivores), but I wonder if they salivated over the smell?

No comments:

Post a Comment