Tuesday 13 July 2021

MCO 4.0 - Day 43

 13 July 2021     Day 43 of Movement Control Order 4.0

        When hubby came home during lunch time, he happily informed me that his presentation went well and we would be celebrating with a Japanese dinner from Uncle Autumn later. However, taking one look at today's whopping high 11,079 new Covid-19 cases and the torrential rain that was lashing down in the evening, we changed our minds. 

        Fortunately, I had a portion of chicken that had been defrosted earlier. So I could jump into action and in my haste, I didn't don the plastic gloves. Hence, my hands, fingers and nails are now all brightly painted in yellow! Yes, I handled turmeric as I cooked Braised Turmeric Chicken for dinner and an easy-peasy Salted Vegetables Soup.




        As I cooked, I took a look at the evening sky. By then, it was only a drizzle, and everything looked so peaceful after the storm. And I wondered about the "storm" that our country is going through now. Our Director General of Health has acknowledged that Malaysia is now in "very critical condition". Will life ever be normal again?

No comments:

Post a Comment