Monday 12 July 2021

MCO 4.0 - Day 42

 12 July 2021     Day 42 of Movement Control Order 4.0

        Despite living in football-crazy England for two years, I've never been big on the game. I do understand the game and have followed some of the matches; how could I not when I lived with a Manchester United enthusiast for a year? He tried to turn me into a fan too and used to sing "Glory glory Man United" to annoy me. And when I travelled to Liverpool to visit a friend, he shook his head in disgust and asked why I would want to visit "that horrible city". That's Alec, my host dad, who loved to bug me to agree that he's a "handsome English gentleman"!

With my English family...see that "handsome English gentleman"!

        I can feel his heartache, which I'm sure he's moaning over now, after England's heart-rending loss to Italy at yesterday's European Championship Finals. Winning 3-2 on penalties, Italy claimed the Euro 2020 crown at Wembley Stadium...England's home ground! Arghh!

        So tonight, Alec, I cooked an Italian dinner. No, I was not being disloyal to England. I remember your exceptionally delicious spaghetti bolognese and how you taught me to literally lick my plate clean! We used to drive Pat crazy with our barbaric acts. 10,673 km may separate us now but I share your heartbreak, Alec.

It was a fusion meal, to be exact : Meatballs Marinara Spaghettini with Sweet Corn Egg Drop Soup

Meatballs Marinara without too much herbs (just the way we like it)

Hubby enjoyed his Meatballs Marinara Spaghettini

        Oh, I dearly miss my host family in England, Alec, Pat and Grandma Ball! And Tynan the dog, who's returned to doggie heaven. When this Covid-19 pandemic ends, I would love to return to England and pay you a long overdue visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment