Friday 20 March 2020

MCO - Day 1


18 March 2020     Day 1 of Movement Control Order

      In a bid to battle the COVID-19 pandemic, our Prime Minister announced the nationwide implementation of the Movement Control Order (MCO) from 18 to 31 March 2020. One of the implications of this MCO is no eating out, which means occasional cooks like yours truly have to summon up culinary strategies to whip up 14 dinners, preferably non-repetitive. I guess I'm luckier than many others, who have to rack their brains to think of 14 breakfasts, lunches and dinners, and possibly tea breaks. The reason for this is darling hubby is one of the many medical personnel who still have to stand on the front line and put themselves at risk of getting infected by the Coronavirus, while the rest of us stay safe at home.
        This period of MCO is indeed momentous and historic in the history of mankind. So my small gesture to remind myself of this period is to blog about the 14 dinners that I'm going to cook.
        Today's dinner consisted of fried nam yu pork belly and stir-fried French beans. The pork belly had actually been bought last Saturday, before we had any inkling of this restricted movement decree. It was the start of the one-week school break and I thought I would cook something that hubby loves very much. If I had attempted to get the pork belly from the wet market yesterday, I would have failed miserably as the queue was super long!
Fried nam yu pork belly (some were used to be eaten with my noodles for  the next day's lunch)

Stir-fried French beans

Long but orderly queue for pork at the Canning Garden market

Horrendous queue just to go up the escalator at Tesco Ipoh Garden

2 comments:

  1. Long time I didnt make fried nam yu pork belly. Now craving for it. Haha.

    Please stay safe. Hope everything gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U stay safe too! We will all battle this out together!

      Delete