Wednesday 25 March 2020

MCO - Day 8

25 March 2020     Day 8 of Movement Control Order

        After two evenings of rain, we were blessed with a clear blue sky this morning. Before the heavy rain descended on Monday, the haze was starting to make its appearance...arghh...please, not the haze! We already have our hands full with the Coronavirus.
        In today's early afternoon news, when our Prime Minister announced that the MCO will be extended till 14 April, there were mixed reactions but I would say it is a wise move. However, I now wonder how am I going to cook another 14 non-repeated dinners? 🤔
        Today, I tried a new recipe that I had been itching to cook. After my mum shared this recipe of Marion Grasby’s, I knew it would be a hit with hubby. But I had run out of one of the key ingredients and I just did not have the time to get it. So I was waiting for the March break to do my shopping. Fortunately, I  managed to get the Shaoxing wine just before the MCO started.
        The Shaoxing wine, sesame oil and soya sauce...these are the three main ingredients that make up the Taiwanese Three Cup Chicken. Another ingredient is the Thai basil leaves, which hubby is not partial to. Therefore, I left them out. Hence, I cooked Tweaked Three Cup Chicken 😂

Tweaked Three Cup Chicken

Stir-fried lady’s fingers 
        Hubby’s verdict? “Very aromatic, very tasty!” He enjoyed the simple stir-fried lady’s fingers too. After all, he was the one who grabbed them from the vegetable stall whilst I was queuing up for the pork the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment