Saturday 28 March 2020

MCO - Day 11

28 March 2020     Day 11 of Movement Control Order

        After staying cooped up in the house for so many days, life has become colourless, hence the colour of today’s cooking :
Steamed chicken with garlic, ginger and spring onion

Stir-fried cabbage with prawns

        Jokes aside...it was just a coincidence that today’s dishes are a tad less coloured. But to be serious, my mood had taken a damper yesterday (hence the ultra short post, if you had noticed). Just the depressing thought that it’s a global health crisis, without much signs of improvement (apart from China), the panic buying that’s going on everywhere, the extended isolation, the worry about work to catch up with my students when we return to school, the question of when I can freely go out to resume my life...now I understand how easy it is to spiral into depression!
        Fortunately, I was reminded to turn to our Lord for spiritual food. I found solace in His words and I have cheered up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment