Saturday 21 March 2020

MCO - Day 4

21 March 2020     Day 4 of Movement Control Order

        Lazy Saturday. I was curled up with a book for the most part of the day, giving myself a good rest after decluttering and cleaning the house for the past few days.
        We had a hearty breakfast bought from our favourite hawker after I braved a 45-minute long queue for pork at the market. As we are usually not in the habit of having lunch on weekends, I did not prepare anything. But we suddenly felt peckish and hubby volunteered to make Bombay toast for us. 
        "Bombay toast? What's that?" I was eager to know.
        "Ah! You wait and see," he replied. He then went out to get bread from the local grocery shop but returned empty-handed. Bread at the local grocery shop as well as at the neighbourhood mamak shop had all been snapped up! As his wife had urged him not to venture far, he obediently came home minus the bread.
        So we rummaged through the larder to find something quick and easy to whip up. And we did! 
This was what Chef Derrick cooked for lunch.

     














Fried spinach ramen with tuna in chilli oil, accompanied by a fluffy omelette
           It turned out to be an egg affair day as the dinner menu that I had planned also featured eggs! No complaints from hubby, who is used to gobbling down 10 to 15 half-boiled eggs per day, in an attempt to build muscle.

Egg and minced meat patties
        








Otak-otak ordered from my dear friend
Hairy gourd soup with meat balls



        However, my desire in tasting hubby's Bombay toast has not been satisfied. He has promised to make them for me after we get our hands on some bread.






No comments:

Post a Comment