Sunday 29 March 2020

MCO - Day 12

29 March 2020     Day 12 of Movement Control Order

        As he’s not working today, my hero went grocery shopping at Jaya Grocer. He was given a longer shopping list this time around. Not only did he come home with every single item on the list (apart from bread again, which was once more not available), he also bought his wife’s favourite Nabisco Chicken Biscuits to bring a broad smile to her face. Later in the afternoon, he single-handedly assembled a shoe cabinet that we had bought from Ikea months ago. And finally, he took an active part in preparing tonight’s dinner. He fried the two pieces of red snapper! I shun frying fish because I am a coward where sizzling and splattering oil is concerned, and my hero would always come to my rescue. I then finished up the rest of the meal preparation.
Hot oil therapy for Mr and Mrs Red Snapper

Mr and Mrs Red Snapper in Plum Sauce

Stir-fried cauliflower with mushroom and meat slices

1 comment:

  1. Snapper tasted good both in frying and steaming. Just pat the fish with kitchen paper towel before frying, it reduces the moisture on the fish that cause splattering.

    ReplyDelete