Tuesday 8 December 2020

MCO 2.0 - Day 30

 Day 30 of Movement Control Order 2.0

8 December 2020

        You can be certain that you have nailed it again when you realise that 10 out of the 14 prawns had disappeared in the blink of an eye!

        Tonight's Southern Thai Tamarind Prawns (courtesy of Marion Grasby) brought immense delight to hubby. Instead of feeling aggrieved that I only had a small share of the prawns, I was pleased that hubby enjoyed them so much. It was not a difficult dish to prepare either. I chose to peel and devein the prawns, but left the tails intact. They were then marinated with salt and pepper for 30 minutes. To start cooking the dish, I first fried some finely sliced garlic till crispy. These were meant for garnishing. After lightly coating the prawns with cornflour, I shallow fried them and put them aside. Using the fragrant prawn oil, I gave the dried chillies a quick toss before adding the tamarind sauce, which was made up of tamarind puree, fish sauce, brown sugar and cornflour. After the sauce had thickened up, I returned the prawns to the pan to coat them with the glossy aromatic tamarind sauce. Yum!

Southern Thai Tamarind Prawns

Stir-fried Japanese sawi with ikan parang fishballs

No comments:

Post a Comment