Saturday 12 December 2020

MCO 2.0 - Day 34

 Day 34 of Movement Control Order 2.0

12 December 2020

        After an absence of 3 days, Irene's Kitchen reopened today. It was closed because after coming home from work for the past 3 days, hubby wanted to see to some car matters and needed me to be the chauffeur. 

        Not only was Irene's Kitchen in operation today, so was the Bakery. But that will be the story for the next day.

        Juggling between baking and cooking, I had to choose something fuss-free to cook. Turning to my kitchen goddess again, I made a rather unconventional Szechuan-Style Cottage Pie. And hubby loved it! In her recipe, Marion Grasby used lamb, so hers was Shepherd's Pie. As I used beef, mine's Cottage Pie. The addition of doubanjiang (spicy fermented bean paste) was ingenious! I suspected it would be a hit with hubby, and true enough, he heaped praises on it. 

Szechuan-style Cottage Pie



No comments:

Post a Comment