Monday 10 May 2021

MCO 3.0 - Day 01

 10 May 2021   Day 1 of Movement Control Order 3.0

        Virulent than ever, the coronavirus evades defeat. Its ability to still bring mankind to their knees after more than a year of battle is partially aided by recalcitrant, defiant and selfish people in our society. Despite a clear warning that hospitals nationwide are on the brink of bursting at its seams and the government's imposition of a lockdown that prohibits inter-district and inter-state travels, many persist in crossing borders and maintaining physical proximity. It's no wonder the coronavirus is gleefully gaining ground again.

        Thrown back into lockdown, my posts on homecooking have been thrust into motion again.

        After a hectic day of going to the stadium for my 2nd dose of vaccination and the hospital for my doctor's appointment, I could only manage a fuss-free yet tasty dinner. It was Marion Grasby to the rescue! Using her Sticky Chilli Ginger Marinade, I whipped up her Coconut Sweet Chilli Chicken in less than 20 minutes. To suit hubby's palate, I threw in some cili padi and used mint leaves instead of basil.

Marion's Coconut Sweet Chilli Chicken

Sticky Chilli Ginger from Marion's Kitchen - the key ingredient for tonight's meat dish

        With his headphones on, Chef Derrick hummed to a tune and moved his body to the beat as he cooked alongside me. He dished up his Stir-fried Asparagus with Prawns.

         


Chef Derrick's Stir-fried Asparagus with Prawns


After receiving my 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine on 19 April
Happy to have completed my 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine today, together with my dear friend, Suet Fun



No comments:

Post a Comment