Monday 31 May 2021

MCO 3.0 - Day 21 (EMCO Day 10)

 31 May 2021     Day 21 of Movement Control Order 3.0

                           Day 10 of Enhanced Movement Control Order

        Help! My mouth is on fire! To douse this fire, hubby had to make me a glass of honey lemon juice.

        How did the fire start? Looking at the lemongrass and bunga kantan that hubby had bought from the Zombie Farm, I did not want to let them go to waste so I searched online for a recipe to try. I was captivated by 3HungryTummies' recipe. This Ayam Masak Kuah Bunga Kantan, supposedly a Nyonya recipe, calls for lemongrass, bunga kantan, garlic, shallots, ginger, galangal, red chillies, dried chillies, belacan and tamarind concentrate to be blended together. I didn't have galangal in my pantry so I opted not to have that. From the recipe, I reckoned that the dried chillies would be spicy enough so I omitted the red chillies. Little did I know that I would still be fanning myself like a crazed woman, sniffing like a drug addict and sweating like I was in a sauna.

Ayam Masak Kuah Bunga Kantan

        Before hubby started tucking in, I cautioned him that it would be a super fiery dish. But he snorted as he always boasted of a high tolerance of spicy food. At the end of the meal, he assented that it was indeed punishingly hot!

Hot, hot, super hot dish!

Fortunately, there was this simple Stir-fried French Beans to balance out.



        To be fair, it was an incredibly tasty and aromatic dish. It's definitely worthy to be repeated, but with far less dried chillies!

No comments:

Post a Comment