Sunday 23 May 2021

MCO 3.0 - Day 14 (EMCO Day 02)

 23 May 2021     Day 14 of Movement Control Order 3.0

                          Day 02 of Enhanced Movement Control Order

        With 6,976 new cases today, Malaysia's battle with Covid-19 has reached new worrying heights. It also means that the country's healthcare system, which is already struggling at a critical stage, continues to be pelted and scourged. The frontliners, who have been putting their own lives at risk, are worn out and stretched beyond their limits. Where is the light at the end of the tunnel?

        We will not see the light unless and until all Malaysians banish their complacency, indifference and selfishness, and make a concerted effort to adhere strictly to the standard operating procedures. There are urges for new measures like double-masking and self-imposed lockdowns. So I shall start adopting both (the former when I really need to step out of the house to obtain and deliver food). There was something I needed to get from the pharmacy today, but in the end, I decided to shop for it online instead. And of course, when my parcel arrives, I will disinfect it thoroughly before opening it up.

        For today's dinner, I was able to take a backseat. Hubby decided to take the helm. After I finished ironing hubby's shirts, I assisted the chef.

Chef Derrick's "naked" fried rice, fried crispy anchovies waiting to complement it

Chef Derrick's Nasi Goreng Kampung

Sweet Corn Egg Drop Soup

        Whilst getting my dose of Vitamin C from oranges and grapes after dinner, my eyes fell on Scamper the dog. It has been more than a year since his "surgery". Not only have we not recovered from Covid-19; on the other hand, the situation has taken a turn for the worse, with ICUs bed occupancy at critical levels nationwide, rising mortality rates, spread of virus mutations and increased numbers of younger people succumbing to the virus. In March 2020, when we first locked ourselves away, I gave dirty Scamper a much-needed bath. And the poor fella's seams burst. Seeing his wifey so heartbroken, Dr. Derrick worked his magic. And Scamper became as good as new!

A forlorn Scamper 😢

Surgeon at work


Scamper barks in appreciation for being given a new lease of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment