Monday 24 May 2021

MCO 3.0 - Day 15 (EMCO Day 03)

 24 May 2021     Day 15 of Movement Control Order 3.0

                          Day 03 of Enhanced Movement Control Order

        Despite being tired after a busy day, I managed to cook a simple meal that delighted an equally exhausted hubby. It was also a hectic day at work for him, with many cases for him to settle, including a case of hysteria.

        Using Marion's Honey Soy Garlic marinade, I made meatballs. First, I softened some breadcrumbs with chicken stock. Then I added minced garlic, finely cut spring onions, a tablespoon of the honey soy garlic marinade, a pinch of sea salt and a swirl of sesame oil to the minced pork. The breadcrumbs joined the minced pork and everything was given a good mix. Marion cautioned against over-mixing though as it would toughen the balls.

        I pan-fried the meatballs and put them aside. Using the same wokpan, I fried some julienned ginger before adding the honey soy garlic marinade mixed with some water. As we find the marinade a tad too sweet, I balanced things by adding some chilli flakes. When the sauce had thickened a little, I lowered the meatballs back into the wokpan, gave them a good toss in the sauce, and let them simmer away for a while. And there it was : Honey Soy Garlic Meatballs.

        Hubby was equally pleased with the other dish : Stir-fried Japanese Leek with Prawns. I made a mental note to buy a bigger bundle of the leek the next time round.

Dinner is served!


No comments:

Post a Comment