Saturday 29 May 2021

MCO 3.0 - Day 20 (EMCO Day 08)

 29 May 2021     Day 20 of Movement Control Order 3.0

                           Day 08 of Enhanced Movement Control Order

        Horror of horrors! Just after breaching the 8000 mark yesterday, the figure of new Covid-19 infections in the country surged to 9,020 today! Just two months ago, on 29 March, we had 941 new cases and I was thinking to myself, "Since the Covid-19 cases are on a downward trend, how nice it would be if the Covid-19 isolation rooms can be turned back into first class wards, then I don't have to spend my post-surgery nights in the open ward!" 

        What happened between March and now, Malaysia???

        I took a look at my well-stocked freezer and pulled out the first Freezermate that caught my eye. Grouper fillets winked at me so I decided to turn them into Assam Pedas Fish. As my Ketua Rumah presented me with his weekly wet market haul this morning, I had my choice of vegetables to pick. There were okras to be added into the Assam Pedas Fish, as well as mint leaves. I had tomatoes and bunga kantan in my kitchen, both of which my good friend, Lee, had helped me to buy during the week. Hubby had also come home from work on Friday with lemongrass from the Zombie Farm. 

Assam Pedas Fish

        Our new toy from Shopee had arrived, so to test it out, we had Fried Eggs too.

Eggs Extravaganza

A new toy that cost a mere RM25.90

No comments:

Post a Comment