Wednesday 2 June 2021

MCO 4.0 - Day 02 (EMCO Day 12)

 2 June 2021     Day 02 of Movement Control Order 4.0

                         Day 12 of Enhanced Movement Control Order

        When hubby gleefully showed me the lemongrass he had bought from the Zombie Farm last Friday, he added, "I really like your lemongrass chicken." 

        I knew which dish he was referring to so I hastened to correct him. "Not my lemongrass chicken. It's Marion's lemongrass chicken." To be precise, it's Marion's Balinese Coconut Turmeric Roast Chicken, which I always add chopped lemongrass to.

        Since last Friday, I'd used the lemongrass that hubby bought for Assam Pedas Fish and Ayam Masak Kuah Bunga Kantan. Though he had enjoyed both dishes tremendously, the poor man must be wondering when the Balinese Coconut Turmeric Roast Chicken would make its appearance.

        The aromatic smell of the chicken roasting in the oven must have wafted around the house. Hubby popped his head into the kitchen and triumphantly proclaimed, "You're cooking the lemongrass chicken!" Following my nod, he smugly left and proceeded to wait patiently for dinner to be served. And during dinner, he was one happy man.

Balinese Coconut Turmeric Roast Chicken with Lemongrass

Steamed Brinjals with Fried Shallots, which hubby enjoys

Fried Prawn Rolls


No comments:

Post a Comment