Thursday 10 June 2021

MCO 4.0 - Day 10

 10 June 2021     Day 10 of Movement Control Order 4.0

        This morning, I woke up and got irritated with how my bangs were poking my eyes, making them really itchy and causing me to look like a sheepdog. So I did something that I had not done for about 24 years. I trimmed my own fringe! The last time I did that was in England during my undergraduate days. All these years, I would either run to Mummy or make a trip to the hairdresser's for a fringe trim. Now with the hair salons closed and not wanting to get too close to my mum lest I unwittingly pass the virus to her, I had to pick up the scissors. And it was a job well done. When I showed the result to hubby, his comment was, "Of course it's good. You have been practising with my hair."😂        

Reminiscing the days when one was young, sweet and pretty.

        Marion Grasby's Balinese Coconut Turmeric marinade is extremely versatile and her cooking channel offers a variety of dishes that make use of this marinade. After procuring the precious marinade online the first time round, I had proceeded to make her Coconut Turmeric Roast Chicken with it. Hubby fell madly in love with it and  requested for it repeatedly. Deciding to be a little adventurous today, I used the marinade to try another recipe of Marion's : Coconut Turmeric Chicken Curry.

        Her recipe calls for kaffir lime leaves to be added but I didn't have those in my pantry. Neither did I have curry leaves. No way would I go to the market or supermarket just to obtain them. So the next best thing I could find for replacement were lime zest and lime juice. And to suit hubby's palate, I added bird's eyes chillies.

Coconut Turmeric Chicken Curry

        I was disappointed to find that the angled luffa that hubby had bought from the Zombie Farm were all competing with Granny to see who would be the oldest. They were all inedible! As I had already marinated the prawns to complement the angled luffa, I made an impromptu change to the dinner menu : Prawns Omelette.

Prawns Omelette

        Hubby's verdict? He enjoyed both dishes immensely.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment