Wednesday 23 June 2021

MCO 4.0 - Day 23

 23 June 2021     Day 23 of Movement Control Order 4.0

        Before my birthday vouchers expire, I had to use them. Moreover, there were items that my mum required. So we went shopping! To be precise, we popped into Eu Yan Sang, grabbed the needed items and utilised my birthday vouchers. When I was using my credit card for the purchase, it struck me that it has been ages since my credit card was used in a store. Simply put, apart from procuring food, groceries, meat and vegetables from the market, certain shops and eateries, I have not gone shopping in a store for a long time! Oh, I have been shopping...but it was all through the Internet, and payment was done through ShopeePay, e-wallet and online banking. I can foresee a day in the near future when even the plastic cards are of little use!

        Tonight's dinner was another simple and homey affair. It's also something I cook quite often for a weeknight. Sesame Oil Chicken with lots of ginger, crispy fried ginger and of course, sesame oil, is a comforting and easy-to-prepare dish. With the rumbling thunder and ominous sky, I thought to myself that this Sesame Oil Chicken would be just the perfect dish to complement a thunderstorm. However, the thunderstorm did not materialise, and the ferocious rumble gradually turned into a feeble mewl. Nevertheless, the Sesame Oil Chicken was still much-enjoyed.

Sesame Oil Chicken...nothing fancy and yet, so tasty.

French Beans Omelette

Lotus Root Pork Ribs Soup (forgot to add peanuts, but fortunately, hubby didn't complain)

No comments:

Post a Comment