Wednesday 30 June 2021

MCO 4.0 - Day 30

 30 June 2021     Day 30 of Movement Control Order 4.0

        I was having a lesson on hip hop and other music genres with my Form 4 class this morning. I decided to surprise them by playing a snatch of a hip hop song, careful to choose one without all the foul language. One girl's reaction was "What's that awful music?", to which several boys responded, "Hey! That was nice!" I cheekily asked if I should play another hip hop song and the girl was quick to answer, "Please don't! I'm so traumatised by it!"

        Later, I played a bit of Chopin's Nocturne op. 9 No. 2. The "traumatised" girl liked it, said it was soothing. But a boy gave it the thumbs down. It all goes to show how one man's meat is another man's poison.

        But the best comment I got out of this episode was from another boy, "Teacher, when you played the music, my dog cocked her head." After the lesson, I sent a private message to this boy asking him to apologise to his dog on my behalf for disturbing her. His answer : "Nah, she enjoyed it very much, teacher." 😍

        Knowing I made a dog's day brought a warm fuzzy feeling to me and my good mood lasted throughout the day. I couldn't wait for hubby to come home to share this story with him.

        In a buoyant mood, I cooked dinner. Tonight's fare consisted of Meatballs in BBQ Sauce and Steamed Brinjals with Fried Shallots. 






No comments:

Post a Comment