Saturday 26 June 2021

MCO 4.0 - Day 26

26 June 2021     Day 26 of Movement Control Order 4.0

     

   It was unplanned but we ended up having a mushroom extravaganza. One dish was Steamed Stuffed Shiitake Mushrooms with Scallops Sauce and the other dish was Stir-fried French Beans with Fresh Brown Mushrooms.

      I rarely use dried scallops in my cooking as I had learnt from the early days of our marriage that hubby's not partial to it. So I use it sparingly. But today he surprised me as he seemed to love the sweet scallops sauce. And as he was doing the washing up, he commented, "That was fine dining. The dried scallops cost RM20 for 100g." Hahahah...I can see that Shopee is a handy teacher!

      After tonight's dinner, we had dessert of Mung Bean Soup, lovingly boiled by Clare and thoughtfully delivered by her husband, Lee. Such sweet friends I have!


No comments:

Post a Comment