Monday 14 June 2021

MCO 4.0 - Day 14

 14 June 2021     Day 14 of Movement Control Order 4.0

        It's back to the virtual classroom and it was a hectic day of lessons. I'm glad to be able to "see" my students again, although I couldn't literally see them as they would give 101 excuses not to turn the camera on. 

        After the school day was over, the teacher's job doesn't end with the ringing of the imaginary school bell. It was time to grab a quick lunch, followed by sending in online reports and the rest of the afternoon and evening were spent grading students' work online. That, was no easy feat. It's extremely time-consuming! And worse, I can already feel my eyesight is deteriorating with the amount of screen time incurred.  

        I could only manage an easy weeknight dinner : French Oven Chicken Rice, paired with Steamed Brinjals.


        Hubby caught me by surprise this morning when he remembered that it's the Dragonboat Festival today, and he added, "Let's eat glutinous dumplings." He has never been a fan of anything that's glutinous so I didn't bother to make or buy the dumplings for today. Oh, well, tonight's French Oven Chicken Rice does have a remote resemblance to Bak Chang! 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment