Saturday 12 June 2021

MCO 4.0 - Day 12

12 June 2021     Day 12 of Movement Control Order 4.0

           Still in the mood for some washoku (Japanese cuisine), I made Garlic Fried Rice, with some Ebi Tatsuta-age (Japanese crispy fried shrimp) and paired it with Teriyaki Salmon. Instead of miso soup, I made a simple Sweet Corn Egg Drop Soup. I've never stocked miso in my kitchen and will not start now, especially when I have to stay away from anything that's made from soybeans. Neither do I have Japanese short grain rice at home so I cheated with my basmathi long grain rice. The Ebi Tatsuta-age, which had been marinated with grated ginger, salt, pepper and mirin, ended up slightly burnt. But there were no complaints from hubby. He enjoyed everything...the fish, prawns, fried rice and soup.

Home-cooked washoku

Slightly burnt Ebi Tatsuta-age on cheat's version of Garlic Fried Rice

Grilled Salmon with Teriyaki Sauce

Sweet Corn Egg Drop Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment