Thursday 3 June 2021

MCO 4.0 - Day 03 (EMCO Day 13)

 3 June 2021     Day 03 of Movement Control Order 4.0

                            Day 13 of Enhanced Movement Control Order

        Despite his wifey's predilection for pan mee, hubby tried once and never ordered it again. It boggles me because hubby loves all things porky, especially likes potato leaves and a soup made from ikan bilis stock should sit well with him. The only conclusion that I can come up with is he doesn't fancy the texture of the noodles.

        So today, I decided to make my own version of Chilli Pan Mee, or to be precise, Chilli Ramen. To make this dish a success, many components had to come together. First, I fried some ikan bilis. Then, I cooked the minced pork with shredded mushrooms. Next, I made the all-important chilli oil condiment. After that, I got ready a simple soup with some greens and strips of pork. Then, I cooked the ramen, careful to keep them al-dente. Finally, I poached the eggs. To be honest, it was the last component that was the trickiest as I'd never done it before.

        It may be a one-dish meal, but lots of labour was required. But the crux of the matter was would hubby like my Chilli Ramen?

Chilli Ramen for two

A close-up of hubby's Chilli Ramen

        Phew! My suspicions were confirmed. Indeed it's the texture of the pan mee that he doesn't like. Tonight, he loved my Chilli Ramen!

No comments:

Post a Comment