Tuesday 22 June 2021

MCO 4.0 - Day 22

 22 June 2021     Day 22 of Movement Control Order 4.0

        Oh my! I cannot stop raving about tonight's meat dish. To be fair, hubby enjoyed it too as he was jostling with me to slurp up the remaining juices. But I was the one who kept going into raptures over it. And the best part is it's another fuss-free dish that's perfect for an evening when you are already worn out.

        We find Marion's Honey Soy Garlic Marinade a tad too sweet for our liking so I've always needed to balance the flavours by making it slightly spicy. Today I marinated my chicken thighs with her Honey Soy Garlic Marinade, added finely chopped garlic and ginger, put in a dash of black pepper and a swirl of olive oil, sprinkled some potent chilli flakes made by a colleague's father...and poured in some lemon juice plus lemon zest. These were later baked for 40 minutes at 190 degrees Celsius. The last two ingredients, I believe, made all the difference! Those who know me well can testify that I have a weakness for sour food.

     Ooo..la..lla! May I present my Honey Soy Garlic Roast Chicken?

Honey Soy Garlic Roast Chicken

Steamed Brinjals with Fried Shallots

No comments:

Post a Comment