Sunday 1 November 2020

Marion Grasby's Garlic Butter Prawns

         When I managed to buy RM31 worth of fresh medium-sized prawns from Ah Quen, the fishmonger, I searched Marion Grasby's collection of recipes to whip up something simple yet scrumptious. As always, Marion never fails us. Following her recipe, I served these Garlic Butter Prawns and hubby was hooked.



        I marinated the prawns with pepper, salt and lemongrass powder, for about half an hour. Heating up the wok, I scooped in a generous dollop of olive butter and browned the chopped garlic. As it is a garlicky dish, I used approximately five huge pips of garlic. The aroma of the garlic sweltering in hot butter was indeed fragrant. Then I threw in the white parts of the spring onion and gave it all a good toss. The prawns were then added in and didn't take long to turn pinkish. To enhance the flavour of the dish, soya sauce and shao xing wine were swirled in. As soon as I tossed in the remaining spring onion, I turned off the fire and mixed everything up. 

        Voila! An easy peasy dish was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment