Saturday 14 November 2020

MCO 2.0 - Day 6

 Day 6 of Movement Control Order 2.0

14 November 2020

        To take my mind off some worries clouding my days, I forced myself to try a new recipe for dinner. One of Marion Grasby's recipes had caught my eye recently so I decided to give it a try. That's how her Twice-cooked Soy Sauce Chicken ended up on our dinner table tonight, together with Stir-fried Beansprouts and Fish Balls Soup.



      Don't be put off by the name "Twice-cooked". Any recipe from Marion is assured to be simple, fuss-free and scrumptious. The chicken pieces are first marinated with grated ginger, dark soya sauce, light soya sauce, honey and Shaoxing cooking wine. They are then roasted in the oven for 1 hour. When they are done, they are then transferred into a pan of bubbling sauce concocted from garlic, chilli, spring onion, soya sauce, sugar and black vinegar. The aromatic roasted chicken pieces are tossed well and allowed to simmer in the sauce until the chicken pieces are sticky and glossy. Done! It was my first experience cooking with black vinegar so I did not dare to put too much. But it could still be tasted...yummylicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment