Monday 16 November 2020

MCO 2.0 - Day 8

 Day 8 of Movement Control Order 2.0

16 November 2020

        

Szechuan Beans

Braised Turmeric Chicken

Prawn Otak-otak


        The Internet can be truly a boon and a bane. For the former, it really is a treasure trove for recipes and ideas of what to cook. It is from the Internet (from a friend's Facebook post, to be exact) that I learned to cook this Braised Turmeric Chicken. Thank you once again, Alexandra Wong, for sharing this delightful recipe.

        Browsing through several cooking blogs, I stumbled upon the idea for my second dish. The blogger behind the blog, Roti and Rice, is a Malaysian who has made the United States her home. Her Szechuan Beans looked really delicious, and I decided to attempt that but I tweaked the recipe a little.

        Tonight's third dish was dug out from the freezer and steamed. It was a portion of prawn otak-otak bought from the market. 

No comments:

Post a Comment