Sunday 15 November 2020

MCO 2.0 - Day 7

 Day 7 of Movement Control Order 2.0

15 November 2020

        Thanks to Ah Khay, the vegetable seller, hubby came home from the market yesterday with a packet of flat and broad wan ton noodles. This variant was new to hubby as we usually order the thin variant at the coffee shops. So I set to work to dish out a plate of tasty wan ton noodles for hubby to enjoy. I got ready to marinate the pork belly to make the char siew. For maximum flavours, the meat should be left to luxuriate in its marinade overnight.

        I've made an angmoh version of char siew using red wine and marmalade. I've also made char siew over the stove top. Today, I decided to use Marion Grasby's recipe and it was a winner! Hubby loved it, especially because it's neither too sweet nor salty.






          And oh, the dumplings were bought from Ah Khay too! I only had to prepare the simple soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment