Wednesday 11 November 2020

MCO 2.0 - Day 3

 Day 3 of Movement Control Order 2.0

11 November 2020

        By now, readers would know that I am an ardent fan of Marion Grasby's. What is there not to love? She's such a joy to watch, shares such simple recipes and a lot of her dishes are inclined to be tangy and spicy, two great flavours. For tonight's dinner, I included her 10-minute Tomato Egg Drop Soup, which hubby enjoys tremendously. Another dish was our favourite Steamed Brinjal with Fried Shallots. The final dish was something that I made for the first time recently and was an immediate hit with hubby - Cincalok Fried Chicken. For the uninitiated, cincalok is a Malaccan condiment made from fermented small shrimps. Hubby spotted it being sold at the market and was curious to know what it was. The adventurous man was keen to give it a try. When I first uncapped the bottle, I almost reeled from the repulsive smell (I still dislike the smell when it's in the bottle). But surprisingly, after cooking, the food tastes good! I've also cooked pork with cincalok but it's this Cincalok Fried Chicken that hubby loves.






No comments:

Post a Comment