Friday 1 May 2020

MCO - Day 45

1 May 2020     Day 45 of Movement Control Order

        Last night, I hinted to hubby that the kitchen should be closed for Labour Day. He chuckled, and that was the end of it. And seeing he was occupied with some work-related matters, I did not have the heart to push my luck. So it was back to home cooked dinner, albeit one that didn’t require too much labour.

        After a hefty dose of red meat (beef) last night, we had white meat tonight. No, I’m not referring to chicken. We had Steamed Cod Fish (清蒸鳕鱼), Crabmeat Tofu (蟹扒豆腐) and Spinach In Superior Stock (上汤苋菜). 
     
        Cod is enjoyed by both hubby and I, but of course, it’s not something we have all the time as it’s expensive. I usually get my cod from the fishmonger at Canning Garden market, who sells them, neatly sliced and packed. My Ketua Rumah was still doing the solitary market round last weekend and he surprised me by coming home with this fat slice of cod.

        

     
        



        I joined hubby at the market today, as the MCO rules have been relaxed and we are now finally able to venture out in pairs. One of the vegetables that I picked was something that I had not dared to include in my Ketua Rumah’s marketing list for the past few weeks, for fear that he would not be able to identify it. Yes, it’s the spinach. I know Ah Khay, the vegetable seller, arranges the spinach right next to the water convolvulus (also known as water spinach or more commonly known as “kangkung”). It’s not terribly easy to differentiate between the water spinach and the spinach that I want for soup. Hey, even their names are similar! So, finally today, we could have that!

2 comments:

  1. Looking at your cod fish, now I am craving for it. Long time did not have it. Not cheap though.

    I cooked spinach (bayam) today. I prefer that to water spinach 😀.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, cod fish is NOT cheap. So we only have it once in a while.

      Delete