Sunday 10 May 2020

MCO - Day 54

10 May 2020     Day 54 of Movement Control Order

        To all the grandmas and mamas out there, Happy Mother’s Day! For my precious, my 宝贝, I surprised her with homemade steamed glutinous rice with chicken (糯米鸡). Thanks to the food blog, Spice N’ Pans, I succeeded in making this first time round. In fact, it’s my first time cooking with glutinous rice, something I enjoy very much, but it is not hubby’s cup of tea. However, when he tasted my 糯米鸡, he liked it and said it’s nowhere as oily and salty as the ones sold at dim sum shops. He’s got a point there; now that I’ve made it myself, I can’t fathom how the 糯米鸡 at dim sum shops can be so oily. Where does the oil come from? Do they spoon oil all over the bowl of glutinous rice?
Steamed Glutinous Rice with Chicken, Mushrooms and Chinese Sausage 糯米鸡


        For dinner, I had a few pieces of chicken left over from making the 糯米鸡 so I re-fried it with some Chinese sausages and fresh mushrooms to have as a side dish to hubby’s Fried Mackerel in Spicy Garlic Sauce.


Fried Mackerel in Spicy Garlic Sauce

Some greens for roughage

A dish cooked with extra chicken bits

 
Dinner is served
  
Mango and strawberries for dessert

        
         With the Prime Minister’s announcement of the MCO being extended for another month, it looks like this documentation of homecooked meals will continue. And surprisingly, I don’t find it daunting at all 😜. Similarly, when I cut hubby’s hair today, it was a far cry from the hesitant barber’s job I did the first time around. Practice makes perfect, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment