Monday 18 May 2020

MCO - Day 62

18 May 2020     Day 62 of Movement Control Order 

        Upon hubby’s repeated request, I had to cook bolognese again. Although I love pasta, I usually opt for anything but bolognese. And as I’ve said before, I am not keen on beef. So I had been putting off cooking this (moreover, I’d already cooked a spaghetti bolognese on Day 13). Even though I’m using a different pasta this time, it still feels like I’m cheating by repeating a meal. Therefore, I decided to try a bit of variation. 

        This time, I marinated the minced beef with chilli powder and fried shallot oil, then added Cajun spiced breadcrumbs to them. I formed little meatballs with them and had a bolognese meatballs sauce. At least, it’s not an exact replica of Day 13’s dinner. And more importantly, hubby enjoyed it! 
An Italian dinner for two

Cream of Mushroom Soup

Fresine Meatballs Bolognese
        Actually, I’d cooked Fresine with Meatballs on Day 23. But that was Meatballs in Brown Mushroom Sauce. So it still doesn’t constitute cheating, right? 😝

No comments:

Post a Comment