Tuesday 26 May 2020

MCO - Day 70

26 May 2020     Day 70 of Movement Control Order 

        Lemongrass aficionado...that’s me! I can have it for food, for drink, for room fragrance and I adore lemongrass shampoo as well as lemongrass soaps. Even the colleague who sits next to me knows my affinity for lemongrass, hence he often mixes lemongrass aromatherapy oil in his aroma diffuser for me to relax after a tiring lesson in class. When I saw this recipe in another Ipohan’s blog, I knew I had to give it a try. The recipe featured in this blog, nofrillsrecipe, sounded good but I wanted to tweak things a little. So in addition to marinating my pork ribs with chopped lemongrass, this lemongrass maniac decided to fry some pounded lemongrass with garlic and ginger before putting the meaty ribs into the wok. Aromatic indeed! Taste wise, hubby preferred the usual pork ribs that I make (Day 6 and Day 34).
Vietnamese Braised Pork Ribs

Stir-fried okra with chillies

        I desperately need a good feet massage as I’ve been on my feet the whole day. Besides doing more decluttering around the house, I attempted to make Radish Cake for tea. Despite adhering to the recipe, my Radish Cake turned out a tad too soft. I must remember to either lessen the amount of water or add more rice flour to the mixture.
Radish Cake




No comments:

Post a Comment