Wednesday 13 May 2020

MCO - Day 57

13 May 2020     Day 57 of Movement Control Order

        As today was quite a hectic day, dinner preparation had to be hassle-free. First, I had a virtual staff meeting. After that ended, I had to see to some banking stuff for my dad and myself. Then, after a quick early lunch with my mum, I had to rush home for my online class.

        I was quite physically and mentally drained out, so I didn’t fancy facing the kitchen stove for long. I just washed and dumped everything into the pot to boil the soup. Later, I mashed and mixed everything up to steam. That was our dinner.

        We had Lotus Root Soup with Pork Ribs and Peanuts. And the name of the other dish was  老小平安. It’s actually Steamed Mashed Tofu with Fishpaste and Egg. When my cooking sifu first told me the name of this dish, I thought she was pulling my leg. But the name really exists! And the reason for the name is simple : it’s such a soft yet tasty dish that it’s suitable to be eaten by both the old and the very young. It’s a nutritious dish too. And the best part is it’s super simple and quick to whip up.
Steamed Mashed Tofu with Fishpaste and Egg...yummy!

Seasoned well and garnished with chilli, spring onion and fried shallots


Lotus Root Soup with Pork Ribs and Peanuts

        But my poor meat lover complained that there’s not enough meat. “I want pork!” he bawled. “All right, all right, you’ll get a whole pot of pork tomorrow!” his wifey answered.

2 comments:

  1. Planning to cook the lotus and peanuts with rib soup one of these days. Bought a lotus root few days ago, have not use it yet. Steamed mashed tofu looked good and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The steamed mashed tofu is easy to make. Tasty too, with the right seasoning and garnishing

      Delete