Sunday 17 May 2020

MCO - Day 61

17 May 2020     Day 61 of Movement Control Order 

        What a wet and gloomy day it has been! Amidst an early morning drizzle after a night of continual rain, it was ideal for some kitchen activity. I boiled red bean soup (红豆沙), which was then delivered to my parents and was very well-received. Red bean soup is definitely not my 糖水 of choice, but is greatly enjoyed by my parents, especially my dad. I think my head must have swelled a few metres to be told that today’s texture and sweetness level were perfect!

        For dinner, I made an easy dish following Mama Noi’s recipe : Thai Sweet and Sour Prawns. Although it’s a simple dish to cook, the taste was not compromised. Hubby was delighted with the dish. Noi and her daughter, Marion, are indeed top notch cooks!
Hubby saw these in the wok and went, “Wow!”

Thai Sweet and Sour Prawns

Stir-fried Angled Luffa with Beef Shabu-shabu

红豆沙 for dessert

        

No comments:

Post a Comment