Saturday 16 May 2020

MCO - Day 60

16 May 2020     Day 60 of Movement Control Order 

        Social norms have been re-written and the way we do things have undergone vast changes. Besides conducting lessons online, we have held virtual staff and panel meetings. And yesterday, we celebrated a colleague’s retirement using Google Meet. Our principal also sent his Teachers’ Day greetings to us using the same platform. This morning, I was greeted with Teachers’ Day wishes via WhatsApp and Facebook. There was a student who sent me a YouTube video to convey his wishes. And my ex-principal sent me a Teachers’ Day “gift” of  a video showing scenes of my previous school and photos of teachers and events. I was tearing up as it reminded me that it’s my first Teachers’ Day away from Sam Tet.

        Yesterday, hubby reminded me that it’s Teachers’ Day today. The sweet man said, “You won’t receive presents this year (he’s used to seeing me come home with lots of little gestures of appreciation from my students). Don’t worry. I’ll pamper you with dinner.”

        So tonight’s dinner was prepared by hubby. Knowing how topsy-turvy the kitchen will end up if he’s left on his own, I assisted him all the way. This was what we had for dinner :
Fried Red Snapper with Spicy Black Bean Sauce

Steamed Brinjals with Fried Shallots

        Having cooked with me several times now, especially during this MCO, hubby is so used to his wifey dictating what tasks to do, and even how to go about it. No wonder they say 👇🏻
😅😂🤣

No comments:

Post a Comment