Friday 15 May 2020

MCO - Day 59

15 May 2020     Day 59 of Movement Control Order

        It’s a Marion Grasby Day. What do I mean by that? I thought of her throughout the day, as I turned to her for our lunch and dinner recipes today. I am a huge fan of this 38-year-old Thai Australian cook, having tried out many of her recipes. Together with her mother, Noi, Marion cooks tasty yet simple dishes. She was one of the contestants in MasterChef Australia Season 2 and was an impressive performer. However, she was later eliminated, much to the disappointment of her fans, and the crown of that season went to Adam Liaw, a Malaysian Australian.

        To me, Marion is a MasterChef. I am hooked to her cooking. For today’s lunch, I followed her recipe to make Hoisin Beef Noodles. I am not a fan of beef and was scratching my head, thinking of what to do with the tray of minced beef that hubby bought. This recipe of Marion’s is excellent as the hoisin sauce helped to mask the beefy smell. I had to adapt her recipe a little as hubby requested for it to be spicy. Therefore, I marinated the beef with some chilli powder, which helped to further subdue the beefy smell.
Hoisin Beef Noodles

         And for dinner, Marion’s Vietnamese One-pan Caramel Chicken proved to be scrumptious! I omitted the coriander from my dish of course as hubby and I shun that like the plague. When hubby took his first bite, he liked it. Then he complained, “It’s not spicy!” Hahahah! He was fooled by the red chilli, which was only used as garnishing. I patiently explained that Marion had not intended it to be a spicy dish. Furthermore, my throat cannot be subjected to spicy food all the time.
Vietnamese One-pan Caramel Chicken

Braised hairy gourd

Green and golden kiwis for dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment