Thursday 14 May 2020

MCO - Day 58

14 May 2020     Day 58 of Movement Control Order

        Keeping my promise to serve a pot of oink oink goodness to hubby, I cooked bak kut teh (肉骨茶) tonight. It’s not my cup of tea but hubby enjoys bak kut teh and often orders this when we eat out. I’d not cooked this for years but recently, my good friend, Lee YK, showed me his bak kut teh (which looked so tempting) and it reminded me that it’s an excellent idea for busy days.

        For the soup base, I used an A1 sachet with added garlic cloves. I then added lightly marinated ribs and pork belly, enoki mushrooms and dried beancurd skin. Knowing hubby loves having crullers (油条) with his bak kut teh, I drove out expressly to get them. Needless to say, hubby was mighty pleased with tonight’s dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment