Monday 11 May 2020

MCO - Day 55

11 May 2020     Day 55 of Movement Control Order

        I smell screwpine leaves (daun pandan). Fret not, it’s not due to a certain animal that seeks shelter in our roof, drags its anal glands to mark its territory and emits a smell akin to the fragrant pandan smell. That’s the Asian palm civet or toddycat. Now who would have thought that an animal’s anal glands secretion can be fragrant like our screwpine leaves? 🤔

        Forgive my digression. Back to the smell of screwpine leaves. Having them tempt me with their lovely aroma each time I walked past them in the kitchen, I decided to make a dessert with them. Searching the Internet for some ideas, I stumbled upon another interesting blog, Seasaltwithfood, written by a Malaysian living abroad. 

        Following that recipe, I made Pandan Agar-agar With Coconut Milk. It was the perfect dessert to have for dinner and I will still have some to delight my mother tomorrow, to wish her Happy Nurses Day. 😍
Such a soothing green colour (absolutely no artificially colouring)!

Refreshing and aromatic Pandan Agar-agar With Coconut Milk

        For dinner, I assisted le grand chef with food preparation for his Spicy Fried Beehoon. Then I left the actual frying entirely to him as I wanted to get some of his work attire ironed. The kitchen resembled a mini battlefield when I next stepped foot in it, but the food...mmm... yummy as always. I love fried beehoon of all sorts, and especially hubby’s.
Spicy Fried Beehoon

Top it with crabmeat omelette

No comments:

Post a Comment