Thursday 28 May 2020

MCO - Day 72

28 May 2020     Day 72 of Movement Control Order 

        When I saw a friend post a picture of this on Facebook, it piqued my interest. This was something I knew I wanted to let hubby try, and hopefully draw him out of what he’s usually accustomed to. What’s this? It’s Creamy Tom Yum Prawn Pasta!

        You see, I love pasta in all manners, with the exception of bolognese, and beef. Hubby had made the mistake of ordering a carbonara on his first encounter with pasta and was turned off by the creamy cloying glob. He has, since then, been strongly against pasta. It was only recently that I managed to stir some remote interest in pasta in him when I cooked bolognese pasta. He gradually grew to love the bolognese that I make and keeps asking for it. Argh! I am not keen on it and don’t want to eat it so often. Hence, I must entice him to fall for something else. And what better way to do it than to cook a fiery fusion pasta? Pasta purists out there, please turn away!

        Although the name of the dish is Creamy, I have to stay away from using any cream for my sauce, or else, hubby may be revolted. Therefore, I whisked in flour and milk to create the creamy hint. And I had to remember to make it really spicy to “trick” hubby. So, in addition to the store-bought tom yum paste, I threw in some red chillies and cili padi for good measure.
Creamy Tom Yum Prawn Fresine

Chicken Egg Drop Soup (recipe from
Marion Grasby)

        What was hubby’s verdict? His predilection for all things spicy saved the day. He finished everything in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment