Friday 22 May 2020

MCO - Day 66

22 May 2020     Day 66 of Movement Control Order 

        Enough! I had enough of my terribly long bangs, reaching till my nose, irritating my eyes constantly and making me look like a sheepdog. I turned to the hairdresser that served me well during my childhood. Phew! Feel so much lighter now with a short fringe. Thank you, Mummy!

        Even bending over the mortar and hovering by the hot fire were made easier with a well-trimmed fringe. Yes, today’s dinner required the use of my trusty mortar and pestle. After lightly toasting the peppercorns, I gave them a good pounding to grind them into a fine paste. Together with dried chillies, garlic, minced ginger, scallions, soya sauce, sesame oil, sugar and Shaoxing wine, the aroma of the Sichuan Pepper Chicken enticed hubby to come running into the kitchen to check out what was on offer for dinner.

        Kudos to Marion Grasby again! Besides her Sichuan Pepper Chicken recipe, which I adapted a little, I also made her 10-minute Tomato Egg Drop Soup. Ah Khay, the vegetable seller, had given us a whole packet of cherry tomatoes and I had to find a use for them. So a hearty bowl of soup would be a perfect compliment to the fiery meat dish. Hubby loved both the Sichuan Pepper Chicken and the Tomato Egg Drop Soup very much. It’s official! I love Marion Grasby!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment